Information on Oligonucleotide Synthesis. An oligonucleotide is a molecule usually composed of 25 or fewer nucleotides often used as a DNA synthesis primer, for example in PCR. Oligonucleotide Synthesis had a major impact on molecular biology. Easier Oligonucleotide Synthesis methods helped PCR technology to become widespread. Automated Oligonucleotide Synthesis instrumentation reduced the cost of oligonucleotide synthesis.
Author: Aceme Nyika
Easy-to-read handbook for postgraduate students and their supervisors. Explains complex research concepts and methodologies in simple terms.
Oligonucleotide SynthesisOligonucleotide synthesis is a relatively simple process. Oligonucleotide synthesis is used to make primers crucial in PCR technology. Making a custom oligonucleotide is particularly useful because this will only bind to the region of DNA that is complementary to the custom oligonucleotide sequence. Custom oligonucleotide synthesis allows other sequences, such as restriction sites, to be added on to the desired oligonucleotide.
What Are Oligonucleotides?Oligonucleotides are short molecules (around 25 or fewer nucleotides) often used as DNA synthesis primers, for example in PCR.
- Epigenetics: Current Research and Emerging Trends
- Next-generation Sequencing: Current Technologies and Applications
- Genome Analysis: Current Procedures and Applications
See also: Current molecular-biology books
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- Brewing Microbiology
- The CRISPR/Cas System