Legionella: Molecular Microbiology
The main focus is the current state of many of the most critical features of Legionella. Internationally renowned authors have contributed chapters describing and discussing the latest research findings with an emphasis on molecular aspects.
The topics covered range from the history of the identification of Legionella and clinical disease treatment, to the microbe's gene expression and secretion ...
Dictyostelium, a Tractable Model Host Organism for Legionella
In this review we describe both Legionella and Dictyostelium factors and processes that are relevant to infection. Moreover, we summarize the results of the ...
The Flagellar Regulon of Legionella pneumophila
Legionella is a ubiquitious inhabitant of aquatic habitats, and it is believed that motility is an important feature in the life cycle of L. pneumophila in ...
The Dot/Icm Type IVB Secretion System of Legionella
The major virulence system of Legionella pneumophila is a specialized secretion system encoded by twenty-six dot/icm genes. This secretion machine is ...
Secretion and Export in Legionella
L. pneumophila secretes many factors that promote its growth and persistence within the environment, various types of host cells, and the mammalian lung.
Diagnostics and Clinical Disease Treatment
The methods currently available to diagnose Legionnaires disease are culture, urinary antigen detection, direct fluorescent antibody testing, detection of ...
Legionnaires Disease: History and Clinical Findings
The history of Legionnaires disease began at least 33 years before the 1976 Philadelphia epidemic, when Legionella micdadei was isolated from human blood.
Further reading: Legionella: Molecular Microbiology
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Microbiology
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology: Current Research and Future Trends
- Gas Plasma Sterilization in Microbiology: Theory, Applications, Pitfalls and New Perspectives
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology: Technology and Applications
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- Brewing Microbiology
- The CRISPR/Cas System