Applied Biochemistry and MicrobiologyApplied Biochemistry and Microbiology
Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology (Prikladnaya biokhimiya i mikrobiologiya) is a journal presenting original papers on research in the fields of biochemistry and microbiology that have or may have practical applications. The scope of the journal includes the production of enzymes, vitamins, and other biologically active substances; studies on the processing of raw materials; and the microbiological synthesis of food and feed products. New research methods and devices are also covered. In addition to original papers, the journal presents authoritative review articles, book reviews, and chronicles.
Topics covered include enzymes and mechanisms of action of enzymatic reactions; biosynthesis of low- and high-molecular-weight, physiologically active compounds; studies of their structure and properties; biogenesis and pathways of their regulation; metabolism of producers of biologically active compounds; biocatalysis in organic synthesis; applied genetics of microorganisms; applied enzymology; protein and metabolic engineering; biochemical bases of phytoimmunity; applied aspects of biochemical and immunochemical analysis; biochemical problems of ecology; and biosensors.
Along with experimental works, the journal publishes descriptions of fundamentally new research techniques, reviews on selected topics, commentaries, and chronicles. Review articles are solicited by the Editorial Board.
The main focus of this journal is on biological issues; therefore, details of engineering and technological features of biochemical processes are not published, nor preliminary communications, incomplete works, nor arbitrary fragments of reports.
Manuscripts submitted for publication should meet the following criteria: validity of data, clarity, conciseness, reproducibility of results, and compliance with typescript requirements. In discussing the results, it is mandatory to set forth a sound conclusion on the novelty of the materials submitted for publication.
- Bats and Viruses
- SUMOylation and Ubiquitination
- Avian Virology
- Microbial Exopolysaccharides
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Pathogenic Streptococci
- Insect Molecular Virology
- Methylotrophs and Methylotroph Communities
- Microbial Ecology
- Porcine Viruses
- Lactobacillus Genomics and Metabolic Engineering
- Viruses of Microorganisms
- Protozoan Parasitism
- Genes, Genetics and Transgenics for Virus Resistance in Plants
- Plant-Microbe Interactions in the Rhizosphere
- DNA Tumour Viruses
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Postgraduate Handbook
- Molecular Biology of Kinetoplastid Parasites
- Bacterial Evasion of the Host Immune System
- Illustrated Dictionary of Parasitology in the Post-Genomic Era
- Next-generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics for Plant Science
- Brewing Microbiology
- The CRISPR/Cas System