Real Time PCRThe introduction of novel reagents, chemistries and instrumentation platforms has modified legacy PCR to create a technology, real-time, fluorescence-based quantitative PCR (qPCR). The use of qPCR allows monitoring of the progress of a PCR reaction in real time using fluorescent reporter molecules included in the PCR. In this way parallel and immediate amplification, detection and quantification of PCR products is possible, establishing qPCR firmly as the method of choice for the detection of nucleic acids read more ...
Edited by: David Rodríguez-Lázaro"I would recommend this text to anyone" (AJMS); "an excellent, detailed guide" (Emerg. Inf. Dis.) read more ...
An indispensable manual on real-time PCR for scientists in the food industry and for anyone involved in the detection of foodborne pathogens.
Edited by: Martin Filion"useful book ... filled with valuable information" (Doodys); "an outstanding book" (Fungal Diversity) read more ...
Aimed specifically at microbiologists, this volume describes and explains the most important aspects of current real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR) strategies, instrumentation and software.
Real Time PCR, Real Time Polymerase Chain ReactionAn Introduction to Real-Time PCR Traditionally, PCR is performed in a tube and when the reaction is complete the products of the reaction (the amplified DNA fragments) are analysed and visualised by gel electrophoresis. However, real-time PCR permits the analysis of the products while the reaction is actually in progress. This is achieved by using various fluorescent dyes which react with the amplified product and can be measured by an instrument. This also facilitates the quantitation of the DNA. Not only can one tell instantly "what" DNA is present in the sample but also "how much". For more detailed information please see Real-Time PCR Theory ... Real-Time PCR Machines
- Theory of Real-Time PCR Machines An introduction to real-time PCR machines and an explanation of how they work.
- Comparison of Real-Time PCR Machines Compare the pros and cons of various commercial PCR machines
- Temperature Specifications of qPCR machines Technical details
- Real-time PCR Chemistries and Detection Formats A review of the various fluorescence detection methods used in real-time PCR
See also: PCR Troubleshooting and Optimization
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions
- Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle
- Pathogenic Neisseria
- Human Pathogenic Fungi
- Applied RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Phage Therapy
- Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter Ecology and Evolution
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Omics in Soil Science
- Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods