PCR TechnologyA review of current PCR theory, technology, troubleshooting and applications aimed at the scientist in the laboratory. Advanced principles, techniques, protocols and reviews of PCR technology written by renowned scientists from published sources.
Edited by: David Rodríguez-Lázaro"I would recommend this text to anyone" (AJMS); "an excellent, detailed guide" (Emerg. Inf. Dis.) read more ...
An indispensable manual on real-time PCR for scientists in the food industry and for anyone involved in the detection of foodborne pathogens.
Edited by: Martin Filion"useful book ... filled with valuable information" (Doodys); "an outstanding book" (Fungal Diversity) read more ...
Aimed specifically at microbiologists, this volume describes and explains the most important aspects of current real-time quantitative PCR (qPCR) strategies, instrumentation and software.
PCR Theory, Technology and Applications
- What is PCR? A definition of PCR
- PCR Theory An introduction to the theory of the polymerase chain reaction
- Legacy PCR The theory of traditional, legacy PCR
- Real-time PCR The theory of real-time PCR
- The Principle of PCR A detailed description of PCR principles with equations for calculating the final amount of DNA and the final number of copies of the target sequence
- Real-Time PCR Real-time PCR allows monitoring of the progress of a PCR reaction while the reaction is actually in progress. The technology also permits the quantitation of DNA products
- PCR Machines
- PCR Primer Design A very important aspect of PCR and real-time PCR
- PCR Protocols PCR protocols available free online
- PCR Applications A description of some common applications of PCR and real-time PCR
- PCR Troubleshooting A guide to troubleshooting and optimization of PCR methods and technology
- PCR Book Reviews Excerpts from published reviews of current books on PCR
- PCR Publications Free articles to download
- Thermophilic Microorganisms
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions
- Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle
- Pathogenic Neisseria
- Human Pathogenic Fungi
- Applied RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Phage Therapy
- Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter Ecology and Evolution
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Omics in Soil Science