The Ribozyme Web PageThe Ribozyme Web Page. A comprehensive collection of information and links on all aspects of ribozymes
Edited by: Zhili He"a valuable and useful source ... recommended" (Biotechnol. Agron. Soc. Environ.) read more ...
Focused on current microarray technologies and their applications in environmental microbiology.
General Information on RibozymesRibozymes were discovered in 1981 by Cech et al. (Cell 26: 487-496). Ribozymes are RNA molecules capable of catalyzing RNA cleavage in a sequence-specific way.
Hammerhead ribozymes are the smallest known naturally occurring ribozymes which are capable of catalyzing the endonucleolytic trans-esterification of RNA. Hammerhead ribozymes may play an important role as therapeutic agents, as enzymes which tailor defined RNA sequences, as biosensors, and for applications in functional genomics and gene discovery. from Hean and Weinberg in Chapter 1 "The Hammerhead Ribozyme Revisited" from RNA and the Regulation of Gene Expression
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology
- Biofilms in Bioremediation
- Gas Plasma Sterilization in Microbiology
- Virus Evolution
- Aquatic Biofilms
- Thermophilic Microorganisms
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines