BioinformaticsBioinformatics is information science applied to biology. The creation and maintenance of databases of biological information and the provision of an interface to access, search, and query the databases.
Edited by: Özlem Taştan Bishopread more ...
Invaluable, up-to-date and detailed information on various aspects of bioinformatics data analysis with applications to microbiology.
BioinformaticsBioinformatics: The main task of bioinformatics is the creation and maintenance of databases of biological information. Nucleic acid sequences and protein sequences databases comprise the majority of such databases. This involves the storage and organization of millions of nucleotides and provision of an interface whereby researchers can both access, search, and query existing information and submit new entries. Perhaps the most important task in bioinformatics involves the analysis of sequence information. Computational Biology is the name that normally refers to this process.
- Bioinformatics Books A comprehensive list of books on bioinformatics, computational biology and functional genomics
- Current Issues in Molecular Biology
- European Bioinformatics Institute
The EBI is a centre for research and services in bioinformatics. The Institute manages bioinformatics databases of biological data including nucleic acid, protein sequences and macromolecular structures. The mission of the European Bioinformatics Institute is to ensure that the growing body of bioinformatics information from molecular biology and genome research is placed in the public domain and is accessible freely to the scientific community.
- The Bioinformatics Organization
A bioinformatics organization to facilitate world-wide communications and collaborations between bioinformatic scientists and technicians. The Bioinformatics Organization provides these individuals, as well as the public at large, free and open access to bioinformatics methods and materials for and from scientific research, bioinformatics software development, and education.
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions
- Metagenomics of the Microbial Nitrogen Cycle
- Pathogenic Neisseria
- Human Pathogenic Fungi
- Applied RNAi
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Phage Therapy
- Bioinformatics and Data Analysis in Microbiology
- The Cell Biology of Cyanobacteria
- Pathogenic Escherichia coli
- Campylobacter Ecology and Evolution
- Next-generation Sequencing
- Omics in Soil Science
- Applications of Molecular Microbiological Methods