Legionella: Molecular Microbiology
The main focus is the current state of many of the most critical features of Legionella. Internationally renowned authors have contributed chapters describing and discussing the latest research findings with an emphasis on molecular aspects.
The topics covered range from the history of the identification of Legionella and clinical disease treatment, to the microbe's gene expression and secretion ...
Dictyostelium, a Tractable Model Host Organism for Legionella
In this review we describe both Legionella and Dictyostelium factors and processes that are relevant to infection. Moreover, we summarize the results of the ...
The Flagellar Regulon of Legionella pneumophila
Legionella is a ubiquitious inhabitant of aquatic habitats, and it is believed that motility is an important feature in the life cycle of L. pneumophila in ...
The Dot/Icm Type IVB Secretion System of Legionella
The major virulence system of Legionella pneumophila is a specialized secretion system encoded by twenty-six dot/icm genes. This secretion machine is ...
Secretion and Export in Legionella
L. pneumophila secretes many factors that promote its growth and persistence within the environment, various types of host cells, and the mammalian lung.
Diagnostics and Clinical Disease Treatment
The methods currently available to diagnose Legionnaires disease are culture, urinary antigen detection, direct fluorescent antibody testing, detection of ...
Legionnaires Disease: History and Clinical Findings
The history of Legionnaires disease began at least 33 years before the 1976 Philadelphia epidemic, when Legionella micdadei was isolated from human blood.
Further reading: Legionella: Molecular Microbiology
- Brain-eating Amoebae
- Foot and Mouth Disease Virus
- Microbial Biodegradation
- MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry in Microbiology
- Aspergillus and Penicillium in the Post-genomic Era
- The Bacteriocins
- Omics in Plant Disease Resistance
- Climate Change and Microbial Ecology
- Biofilms in Bioremediation
- Gas Plasma Sterilization in Microbiology
- Virus Evolution
- Aquatic Biofilms
- Thermophilic Microorganisms
- Flow Cytometry in Microbiology
- Probiotics and Prebiotics
- Corynebacterium glutamicum
- Advanced Vaccine Research Methods for the Decade of Vaccines
- Bacteria-Plant Interactions